the squeeze reader


Packet of Three Squeeze Picture of the Week: www.packetofthree.com

Friday, April 08, 2005

another squeeze Web page?

My fellow Squeezefans,
Two questions: 1) do I really need another project and 2) does the world need another Squeeze Web page? Yes and yes. This project will serve as a tribute to Messrs. Difford, Tilbrook, et al., and as my little experiment in cyberspace (do people still say that?). Bells and whistles will be added or deleted as we try out and discover 1) what is a pain the butt to maintain and 2) what is absolutely necessary for the maximum readers' enjoyment.

I'm considering the addition of the following features

  • Trackback
  • A notify e-mail list
  • This page's own e-mail address
  • Audio blogging
What won't change is the information mission of this page: I want to update at least twice a week, depending on how active ex-members of Squeeze are and I hope that it's at least entertaining. (Just for the record, I didn't actually write this at 7:42 p.m., but I wanted the Jools item to be the first thing you all saw!)

Thanks, I hope you like it, and I hope you visit often.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What IS trackback, anyway? Do I need it?

Bet

08 April, 2005 19:28  
Blogger bitterspice said...

Trackback is a feature that would allow someone else to post a link here about their blog post refers to my blog post. You only really need it if you post often about other people's blogs that do have trackback, or if a lot of bloggers comment on your postings in their blogs. My main Web page has trackback, and someone (namely Jim) actually tracked back to me about five posts ago. If you want to see an example of what that looks like, scroll down to the post "friends who are rock stars." Sorry for the ridiculously long and boring comment.

08 April, 2005 19:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home