the squeeze reader


Packet of Three Squeeze Picture of the Week: www.packetofthree.com

Friday, July 08, 2005

japanese glenn "interview"

I'm not sure what the protocol is for a Japanese newspaper interviewing someone who speaks English and translating it to the Japanese and translating it back to English. But the effect in the International Herald Tribune/Asahi Weekly is humorous, nonethess. It sounds like, and it may be, that Glenn filled out a questionnaire. An example exchange:
You and Squeeze lyricist Chris Difford were described as thinking person's songwriters. Someone who doesn't look past the title of "Genitalia of a Fool" might get the idea that it's not your brain that's doing the thinking now. They'd be wrong, right?


Yes, very much so. "Genitalia," although not my song, is a humorous song that made me laugh. I stand by my judgment.