the squeeze reader


Packet of Three Squeeze Picture of the Week: www.packetofthree.com

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A pint of prawns in hand

Thanks to bitterspice for the invite to participate in the squeeze reader and the kind welcome, I've been a reader since the start, it's an honor to help keep my fellow Squeeze fans abreast of the boys' doings.

A few words about me, I've got a blogger profile here that will give you my vitals. I post a bit on my own blog, Slightly Rough, which takes its title from a couple of words in the first rock and roll song I can remember loving.

I've had several brushes with Squeeze greatness, one of them is detailed here.

I try to keep up with the goings on of the Squeeze alumni and I hope that this is the sort of news that appeals to you:

BBC: Is this the way to Ama-Rhyl-O?
The huge free outdoor summer sizzler in Rhyl, organised in conjunction with Denbighshire County Council, kicks off on Saturday 16 July at 1.00pm and promises four hours of free live music and fun for all the family to enjoy.

World-renowned musician Paul Carrack and singer-songwriter Jonathan Rice are also lined up to wow the crowds at the summer's hottest outdoor event in Rhyl Events Arena.
Paul is known to Squeeze fans as the keyboardist on the albums East Side Story, Some Fantastic Place, and the voice of the single Tempted.

I look forward to hearing from you all. One of the nice thing about blogs is that they can create a conversation, not someone just delivering the news to someone else.

Two words on titles: I love the way Chris turns a phrase. It's one of those things I can't put a finger on why I like it, I just like the way he writes. Anyway, I'll nick lines from songs as post titles sometimes. Once in a while, there will even be a significance to the lines I swipe.