the squeeze reader


Packet of Three Squeeze Picture of the Week: www.packetofthree.com

Friday, September 16, 2005

A Squeeze Fan Recommends?

In an earlier comment, Jiggy asks the Squeeze Reader:
Thanks for linking to my blog, I appreciate it. As you can probably gather from my brief review of the gig, I haven't really had the change to get into Squeeze yet. So I'm looking for some recommendations. Which album is a good starting point? I'm generally against "best of" releases though.
I've heard East Side Story is a great album, and it's produced by Elvis Costello which is a real plus for me as I'm a huge fan of his work.

In my e-mailed reply to him, I recommended any one of the multiple compilation CDs (I somehow missed the part about him not liking "best of" releases), and assured him that East Side Story is a very good starter album, as is Argy Bargy. I feel those are the most accessible albums. Babylon and On is also very accessible, but might give people the wrong idea about Squeeze. What do you, the Reader at home, think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob Booth said...

Good ideas. After those, I love Play.

16 September, 2005 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home