the squeeze reader


Packet of Three Squeeze Picture of the Week: www.packetofthree.com

Monday, September 03, 2007

From the vaults: Watch Chris & Glenn on BBC London

"Still squeezing out sparks"


Imagine my panic when I read the headline on the BBC London site...

"... Squeezing out Sparks"?!!!

What on earth could have happened to the delightful Ron and Russell Mael?

I was about to launch an expedition to make sure that the electro-pioneers were safe and well, when I read the first paragraph:

" As English as they come and Londoners to boot: Lord Crowley meets songwriters Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook..."

Phew! That was a close one!

So imagine my delight to find that you can also watch Chris & Glenn chat to Lord Gary of Crowley (plus hear a bit of an acoustic take on 'Take Me I'm Yours').

The interview is from a couple of years back when Messrs Difford and Tilbrook were promoting their 'Song By Song' book at Borders.

I whooped a cry of happiness, put on my headphones and whipped out my copy Jim Drury's excellent 'Squeeze: Song By Song' book.

Lovely.


Read the article and watch Chris & Glenn chat to Gary Crowley here!


"Here's hoping they stay close and I wouldn't be too surprised if they end up working together in the future. And soon-ish too. Here's hoping anyway"- Gary Crowley

And they did! :0)






Labels: , , , , ,